The News: To meet the increasing demand for higher-density CMOS DDR4 SDRAMs, Alliance Memory today announced that it has expanded its portfolio with two new 8Gb devices. Delivering improved performance over previous-generation DDR3 SDRAMs, the AS4C1G8D4 and AS4C512M16D4 offer lower power consumption and faster data transfer rates in 78-ball and 96-ball FBGA packages, respectively.
|Part #||Density||Organization||Package||Temp. range (°C)|
|AS4C1G8D4-75BCN||8Gb||1Gb x 8||78-ball FBGA||0 to +95|
|AS4C1G8D4-75BIN||8Gb||1Gb x 8||78-ball FBGA||-40 to +95|
|AS4C512M16D4-75BCN||8Gb||512Mb x 16||96-ball FBGA||0 to +95|
|AS4C512M16D4-75BIN||8Gb||512Mb x 16||96-ball FBGA||-40 to +95|
Key Specifications and Benefits:
- Low power consumption of +1.2V (±0.06V)
- Offered in 78-ball and 96-ball FBGA packages
- Internally configured as 1G x 8-bit (AS4C1G8D4) and 512M x 16-bit (AS4C512M16D4) with up to 16 memory banks
- Fast clock speeds of 1333MHz
- Extremely high transfer rates to 2666Mbps/pin
- Available in commercial (0°C to +95°C) and industrial (-40°C to +95°C) temperature ranges
- Support sequential and interleave burst types with read or write burst lengths of BL8/BC4/BC4 or 8 on the fly
- Auto pre-charge function provides a self-timed row pre-charge initiated at the end of the burst sequence
- Easy-to-use refresh functions include auto- or self-refresh
- Lead (Pb) and halogen-free
- Portable electronics, 5G designs, desktop computers, and servers for industrial, networking, IoT, automotive, gaming, and consumer markets applications
The Context: Compared to DDR3 SDRAMs, Alliance Memory’s new 8Gb DDR4 SDRAMs reduce operating voltages from 1.65V to +1.2V (±0.06V) to increase battery life in portable electronics such as smartphones and tablets. For increased efficiency and performance in 5G designs, desktop computers, and servers, the 1Gb x 8-bit AS4C1G8D4 and 512M x 16-bit AS4C512M16D4 offer up to 16 memory banks and deliver faster clock speeds of 1333MHz for extremely high transfer rates to 2666Mbps/pin. With minimal die shrinks, the DDR4 SDRAMs provide reliable drop-in, pin-for-pin-compatible replacements for numerous similar solutions — eliminating the need for costly redesigns and part requalification.
Availability: Samples of the new 8Gb DDR4 SDRAMs are available now. Production quantities will be available in September 2020 with lead times of 8 to 10 weeks.