The News: Alliance Memory introduces a new 16GB industrial-grade embedded multi-media card (eMMC) solution. For solid-state storage in consumer, industrial, and networking applications, the ASFC16G31M-51BIN integrates NAND flash memory with an eMMC controller and flash transition layer (FTL) management software in a single 11.5 mm by 13 mm 153-ball FBGA package.
Part Number: ASFC16G31M-51BIN
Key Specifications and Benefits:
- Compliant with the JEDEC eMMC v5.1 industry standard to support features such as:
- Boot operation
- Replay protected memory block (RPMB)
- Device health report
- Field firmware updates
- Power-off notification
- Write leveling
- High-priority interrupt (HPI)
- Secure trim/erase
- High-speed HS200 and HS400 modes
- Backwards-compatible with eMMC v4.5 and v5.0
- Operates over an industrial temperature range of -40°C to +85°C
- Offers programmable bus widths of x1, x4, and x8
- NAND memory with internal LDO can be powered with a single 3V supply voltage
- The controller can be powered by 1.8V or 3V dual supply voltages
- Smart watches, smart phones, tablets, digital TVs, set-top boxes, VR and AR headsets, system on modules (SOM), computer on modules (COM), digital cameras, CCTV, surveillance, automation, point-of-sale systems, and emerging embedded applications
The Context: For solid-state storage in consumer, industrial, and networking applications, Alliance Memory’s new 16GB ASFC16G31M-51BIN eMMC solution integrates NAND flash memory with an eMMC controller and flash transition layer (FTL) management software in a single 11.5 mm by 13 mm 153-ball FBGA package. For designers, the device simplifies designs for fast and easy system integration — speeding up product development and time to market — while saving space by eliminating the need for an external controller. In addition, the device’s FTL software provides high reliability and stable performance with wear levelling and bad block management.
Compliant with the JEDEC eMMC v5.1 industry standard, the eMMC supports a wide range of features such as boot operation; replay protected memory block (RPMB); device health report; field firmware updates; power-off notification; enhanced strobe features for faster and more reliable operation; write leveling; high-priority interrupt (HPI); secure trim/erase; and high-speed HS200 and HS400 modes. The ASFC16G31M-51BIN is also backwards-compatible with eMMC v4.5 and v5.0.
Availability: Samples and production quantities of the eMMC are available now, with lead times of 12 weeks.
Link to product datasheets and Buy Now information: ASFC16G31M-51BIN