The News: Alliance Memory extends its offering of 256Mb high-speed CMOS SDRAMs with new x8 and x4 devices in the 54-pin 400-mil plastic TSOP II package.
Part Numbers: AS4C32M8SA-7TCN, AS4C32M8SA-7TCNTR, AS4C32M8SA-6TIN, AS4C32M8SA-6TINTR, AS4C64M4SA-7TCN, AS4C64M4SA-7TCNTR, AS4C64M4SA-6TIN, and AS4C64M4SA-6TINTR
Key Specifications and Benefits:
- Feature 54-pin 400-mil plastic TSOP II package
- 32M x 8 bit (AS4C32M8SA) and 64M x 4 bit (AS4C64M4SA) configurations
- Synchronous interface
- Operate from a single +3.3V (± 0.3V) power supply
- Lead (Pb)- and halogen-free
- Fast access time from clock down to 5.4 ns
- Clock rates to 166 MHz
- Available in commercial (0 °C to +70 °C) and industrial (-40 °C to +85 °C) temperature ranges
- Programmable read or write burst lengths of 1, 2, 4, 8, or full page, with a burst termination option
- Auto pre-charge function provides a self-timed row pre-charge initiated at the end of the burst sequence
- Easy-to-use refresh functions include auto- or self-refresh
- A programmable mode register allows the system to choose the most suitable modes to maximize performance
- Available in tape-and-reel package (part numbers ending in –TR)
- Image storage and video buffering
- Consumer and industrial products
The Context: Alliance Memory is a market leader in SDRAMs, offering the broadest product line-up of any vendor, with densities from 16Mb to 512Mb in a wide range of configurations and packages. The 256Mb AS4C32M8SA and AS4C64M4SA complement the company’s existing x16 and x32 parts, and provide reliable drop-in, pin-for-pin compatible replacements for a number of similar solutions used for image storage and video buffering in consumer and industrial products.
Availability: Samples and production quantities of the new SDRAMs are available now, with lead times of four to eight weeks for large orders.