The News: Alliance Memory has expanded its offering of high-speed CMOS mobile low-power SDRAMs with new LPDDR4 devices featuring on-chip ECC. For improved performance with higher power efficiency than previous-generation LPDDR3 SDRAMs, the 2Gb AS4C128M16MD4-062BAN, 4Gb AS4C256M16MD4-062BAN and AS4C128M32MD4-062BAN, and 8Gb AS4C256M32MD4-062BAN offer lower power consumption and faster speeds in the 200-ball FBGA package.
|AS4C128M16MD4-062BAN||2Gb with ECC||128Mb x 16||1600MHz||200-ball FBGA (10mm x 14.5mm x 0.8mm)|
|AS4C256M16MD4-062BAN||4Gb with ECC||256Mb x 16||1600MHz||200-ball FBGA (10mm x 14.5mm x 0.8mm)|
|AS4C128M32MD4-062BAN||4Gb with ECC||128Mb x 32||1600MHz||200-ball FBGA (10mm x 14.5mm x 0.8mm)|
|AS4C256M32MD4-062BAN||8Gb with ECC||256Mb x 32||1600MHz||200-ball FBGA (10mm x 14.5mm x 1.1mm)|
Key Specifications and Benefits:
- On-chip ECC
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Low-voltage operation of 1.1V/1.8V
- Fast clock speeds of 1.6GHz
- Extremely high transfer rates of 3.2Gbps
- Automotive A2 Grade, temperature range -40°C to +105°C
- Eight internal banks per channel
- x32 for 2-channels per device (AS4C128M32MD4, AS4C256M32MD4)
- x16 for 1-channel per device (AS4C128M16MD4, AS4C256M16MD4)
- Programmable read and write latencies
- Programmable and on-the-fly burst lengths (16 and 32)
- Selectable output drive strength
- On-chip temperature sensor to control self-refresh rate
- Offered in the 200-ball FBGA package
- 5G, AI, and IoT
- Portable electronics for the consumer and industrial markets
- Automotive infotainment and ADAS systems
The Context: Compared to previous-generation LPDDR3 SDRAMs, Alliance Memory’s new 2Gb, 4Gb, and 8Gb LPDDR4 devices with on-chip ECC offer lower power consumption to increase battery life in portable electronics for the consumer and industrial markets, including tablets, wearables, handheld gaming consoles, personal navigation systems, and more. Providing increased efficiency for advanced audio and high-resolution video in embedded applications, the AS4C128M16MD4-062BAN, AS4C256M16MD4-062BAN, AS4C128M32MD4-062BAN, and AS4C256M32MD4-062BAN deliver fast clock speeds of 1.6GHz for extremely high transfer rates of 3.2Gbps. For automotive applications — including infotainment and ADAS systems — the AEC-Q100 qualified devices operate over a temperature range of -40°C to +105°C.
With minimal die shrinks, Alliance Memory’s LPDDR4 SDRAMs provide reliable drop-in, pin-for-pin-compatible replacements for numerous similar solutions in high-bandwidth, high-performance memory system applications — eliminating the need for costly redesigns and part requalification.
Availability: Samples and production quantities of the new LPDDR4 SDRAMs are available now, with lead times of eight weeks.