The News: Alliance Memory has expanded its offering of high-speed CMOS mobile low-power SDRAMs with a new LPDDR4X device featuring on-chip ECC. Offering an extension to the company’s fourth-generation LPDDR4 SDRAMs, the 8Gb AS4C256M32MD4V-062BAN offers ~50% lower power ratings in the 200-ball FBGA package for higher power efficiency.
Part Numbers: AS4C256M32MD4V-062BAN
Key Specifications and Benefits:
- On-chip ECC
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Low-voltage operation of 6V/1.1V/1.8V
- Fast clock speeds of 1.6GHz
- Extremely high transfer rates of 3.2Gbps
- -40°C to +105°C operating temperature range
- Organized as two channels per device
- Eight internal x16 banks per channel
- Fully synchronous operation
- Programmable read and write burst lengths of 16, 32, and on the fly
- Selectable output drive strength
- On-chip temperature sensor controls the self-refresh rate
- Offered in the 200-ball FBGA package
- 5G, AI, and IoT
- Portable electronics for the consumer, commercial, and industrial markets
- Automotive ADAS systems
The Context: Offering an extension to Alliance Memory’s fourth-generation LPDDR4 SDRAMs, the company’s new 8Gb LPDDR4X device with on-chip ECC offers ~50% lower power consumption to increase battery life in portable electronics for the consumer, commercial, and industrial markets, including smart phones, smart speakers, and other IoT devices utilizing AI and 5G technologies. Providing increased efficiency for advanced audio and ultra-high-resolution video in embedded applications, the AS4C256M32MD4V-062BAN delivers fast clock speeds of 1.6GHz for extremely high transfer rates of 3.2Gbps. For automotive applications — including ADAS systems — the AEC-Q100 qualified device operates over a temperature range of -40°C to +105°C.
Alliance Memory’s LPDDR4X SDRAM provides a reliable drop-in, pin-for-pin-compatible replacement for numerous similar solutions in high-bandwidth, high-performance memory system applications — eliminating the need for costly redesigns and part requalification.
Availability: Samples and production quantities of the AS4C256M32MD4V-062BAN are available now, with lead times of 12 weeks.