The News: To address the memory market’s shortage of high-speed CMOS DDR3 and low-voltage DDR3L SDRAMs, Alliance Memory announces a new die revision (B die) for its 2Gb and 4Gb devices in the 96-ball FBGA package.
Part Numbers: AS4C128M16D3B-12BCN, AS4C128M16D3LB-12BCN, AS4C256M16D3B-12BCN, AS4C256M16D3LB-12BCN, and AS4C256M16D3LB-12BIN
Availability: Alliance Memory keeps the B die DDR3 and DDR3L SDRAMs in stock, resulting in short lead times of four to six weeks for quantities of 10,000 units or less.
Key Specifications and Benefits:
- Densities of 2Gb and 4Gb
- 96-ball FBGA package
- Extremely fast transfer rates of 1600Mbps and clock rates of 800MHz
- Single power supply:
- 2Gb and 4Gb DDR3 SDRAMs: +1.5V (±0.075V)
- 4Gb DDR3L SDRAM: +1.35V
- Data mask for write control
- Available with a commercial temperature range of 0℃ to +95℃
- 4Gb DDR3L SDRAM also available in an industrial temperature range of -40℃ to +95℃
- 2Gb DDR3 SDRAMs: Eight banks of 16M word x 16 bits
- 4Gb DDR3 and DDR3L SDRAMs: Eight banks of 32M word x 16 bits
- Support sequential and interleave burst types with read or write burst lengths of 4 or 8
- Auto pre-charge function provides a self-timed row pre-charge initiated at the end of the burst sequence
- Easy-to-use refresh functions include auto- or self-refresh
- RoHS-compliant, lead (Pb)- and halogen-free
Newer-generation microprocessors for networking, industrial, medical, telecom, and consumer applications
The Context: Market demand for DDR3 and DDR3L SDRAMs is extremely high due to their increased functionality and speed, but their availability is becoming more and more limited as demand exceeds supply and suppliers move capacity to Flash and other products. With the introduction of a new B die version, Alliance Memory now has two sources for its 2Gb and 4Gb parts’ silicon. This means the company’s customers can be more confident than ever in its ability to deliver these devices despite shortages and price increases in the memory market.
With minimal die shrinks, the devices provide reliable drop-in, pin-for-pin-compatible replacements for a number of similar solutions, eliminating the need for costly redesigns and part requalification.