The News: Alliance Memory extends its offering of 512Mb high-speed CMOS SDRAMs with new monolithic 64M x 8 (AS4C64M8SC-7TIN) and 32M x 16 (AS4C32M16SC-7TIN) devices in the 54-pin 400-mil plastic package, and a 16M x 32 (AS4C16M32SC-7TIN) device in the 86-pin TSOP II package.
Part Numbers: AS4C64M8SC-7TIN, AS4C32M16SC-7TIN, and AS4C16M32SC-7TIN
Key Specifications and Benefits:
- 64M x 8, 32M x 16, and 16M x 32 configurations
- Offered in 54-pin and 86-pin TSOP II packages
- LVTTL interface
- Single +3.3-V (± 0.3 V) power supply
- Power down mode lowers power consumption
- Data mask for read/write control
- Fast clock rates to 133 MHz
- Available in an industrial temperature range of -40 °C to +85 °C
- Fully synchronous with the positive clock edge
- Support sequential and interleave burst types with read or write burst lengths of 1, 2, 4, 8, or full page
- Auto pre-charge function provides a self-timed row pre-charge initiated at the end of the burst sequence
- Easy-to-use refresh functions include auto- or self-refresh
- Programmable mode register allows the system to choose the most suitable modes to maximize performance
- Lead (Pb)- and halogen-free
- General-purpose computing, medical, industrial, point-of-sale, automotive, and telecom applications requiring high memory bandwidth
The Context: Fully synchronous with the positive clock edge, the AS4C64M8SC-7TIN, AS4C32M16SC-7TIN, and AS4C16M32SC-7TIN deliver faster performance than DRAMs in applications requiring high memory bandwidth. With minimal die shrinks, they can provide reliable drop-in, pin-for-pin-compatible replacements for numerous similar solutions, eliminating the need for costly redesigns and part requalification.
Availability: Samples and production quantities of the new SDRAMs are available now, with lead times of eight weeks for large orders.