AS4C1G8MD3L: New Monolithic High-Speed, Low-Voltage 1G x 8 CMOS DDR3L SDRAM
The News: Alliance Memory introduces a new monolithic high-speed, low-voltage CMOS double data rate 3 synchronous DRAM (DDR3L SDRAM) with an 8-Gb density in the 78-ball, 9-mm by 13.2-mm, lead (Pb)-free FBGA package. Delivering increased power efficiency for high-end computer and storage systems, the 1G x 8 AS4C1G8MD3L offers a double data rate architecture for extremely fast transfer rates of up to 1600 Mbps/pin and clock rates of 800 MHz.
Key Specifications and Benefits:
- Internally configured as eight banks of 1G x 8 bits
- Offered in the 78-ball, 9-mm by 13.2-mm FBGA package
- Extremely fast transfer rates of up to 1600 Mbps/pin
- Clock rates of 800 MHz
- Operates from a single +1.35-V power supply
- Available with an extended commercial temperature range of 0 °C to +95 °C (AS4C1G8MD3L-12BCN)
- Fast 64-ms, 8192-cycle refresh from 0 °C to +85 °C and 32 ms from +85 °C to +95 °C
- Fully synchronous operation
- Programmable read or write burst lengths of 4 or 8
- Auto precharge function provides a self-timed row precharge initiated at the end of the burst sequence
- Easy-to-use refresh functions include auto- or self-refresh
- Programmable mode register allows the system to choose the most suitable modes to maximize performance
- Lead (Pb)-free
- Industrial, medical, networking, telecom, and aerospace applications
The Context: Featuring a double data rate architecture, the AS4C1G8MD3L’s transfer rates are twice as high as DDR and DDR2 SDRAMs, providing higher bandwidth for newer-generation microprocessors in industrial, medical, networking, telecom, and aerospace applications. Backwards-compatible with +1.5-V power supplies to enable large memory subsystems, the device is a logical choice for customers that require increased memory yet face board space constraints.
In addition to the 1G x 8 AS4C1G8MD3L, Alliance Memory also offers the 512M x 16 AS4C512M16D3L in the 96-ball FBGA package, which is available in an extended commercial temperature range (AS4C512M16D3L-12BCN) and an industrial temperature range from -40 °C to +95 °C (AS4C512M16D3L-12BIN). Alliance Memory is one of the few suppliers of monolithic DDR3L SDRAMs with high densities to 8 Gb. In addition, with minimal die shrinks, the single-die AS4C1G8MD3L provides a reliable drop-in, pin-for-pin-compatible replacement for a number of similar solutions — eliminating the need for costly redesigns and part requalification.
Availability: Samples and production quantities of the new 8-GB DDR3L SDRAM are available now, with lead times of six to eight weeks.
Click to download the AS4C1G8MD3L datasheet.
Contact David Bagby, email@example.com, +1 650 610-6800